Laurence Gould Partnership Ltd
Laurence Gould Partnership is one of the best-known names in the rural consultancy sector. Our aim is to assist our clients in overcoming the challenges they face; helping them grow and expand their farming businesses.
We have been extremely successful in a range of grant applications under the main rural funding schemes. Below is an outline to the grant schemes and the type of projects we have been involved with:
RDPE Growth Programme- grant funding up to 40% towards project costs (typically £35,000- â‚¬200,000)
o Rural Tourism Infrastructure- e.g. tourism attractions/farm shops/ accommodation
o Business Development- e.g. a farm or small/micro business looking to diversify away from agriculture
o Food Processing - e.g. meat processing/cheese production
We have recently been involved in a range of projects below:
• Wedding venue(s)- secured £140,000 towards a wedding venue
• Children`s play area/centre- secured £140,000 towards a new play centre (total cost: £350,000)
• Log cabin expansion- £165,000 of grant funding to help purchase 6 new cabins (total spend: £500,000)
• Food processing grants- over £1 million of grant funding across food processing projects
Deadline to apply: 31st January 2018
Leader Scheme- grant funding up to 40% towards project costs (ranging from £2,500-£50,000)
This scheme has set out the following priorities for funding:
• Rural Tourism- glamping sites, log cabins, conversion of buildings into accommodation, farm shops, tourism attractions
• Support for micro or small businesses and diversification
• Increased farm productivity-innovative farm equipment & technology
• Increase forestry productivity
We have been involved in a range of leader projects, helping start-up businesses and new enterprises on farms:
• Bunkhouse accommodation on the South Downs- £45,000 grant funding
• Equestrian facilities- secured £35,000 towards a 60m x 60m arena in Devon
• Glamping site- £60,000 towards safari tents site
• Pluk-oTrak - £35,000 towards two top fruit harvesters
• Juice processing equipment-£45,000 of grant to invest in new processing equipment
We have been heavily involved in securing grant funding on behalf of clients for nearly 30 years. Within this period we have covered a range of projects from wedding venues to juice processing, enabling us to adapt to a variety of projects.
Following the Brexit vote, it is unknown as to whether a new grant scheme(s) will be established after 2019. On this basis we are advising that if you have an idea or project in mind, to access grant funding now before the scheme closes. The deadline to apply under the Growth Programme is :31st January 2018; however it is a competitive scheme meaning once the money is committed/spent, the scheme will close!
A key input to innovation projects is planning permission. Laurence Gould has obtained the necessary planning permissions to enable physical development to go ahead, thereby offering a complete service from concept to reality. With this specialist experience, this allows us as a company to provide all the services you require from the initial project idea, through to obtaining planning permission, securing grant funding and then managing the financials of the new business venture/enterprise.
We also offer a Farm Business Management service which involves regular meetings to discuss the performance of a client`s business, to set new targets and produce financial forecasts and budgets. We aim to seek and develop new opportunities where possible and introducing new effective strategies to improve the profitability of our client` businesses.
Please refer to our website for more information of the services we can offer.
http://www.laurencegould.com/. Please also visit our stand at 326 for a discussion of your proposed project or a general enquiry.
Stand Number: 326